A panel of 3 judges from the Center will review entries.
The winning award, in the opinion of the judges, shall demonstrate excellence, creativity, and journalistic merit in reporting a news event, feature, or human-interest story.
The judges will consider these main factors:
- degree of difficulty – logistical and other challenges experienced in getting the story;
- the substance of the story;
- the treatment of the story, such as novelty, originality, drama, human interest, humor, and/or pathos;
- comprehensiveness and quality of information;
- the quality of writing and presentation.