Deadline for Applications: Monday, March 12, 2018
The MacMillan Center Faculty Research Grants are available to full-time ladder faculty in any department or school of the university. Research grants are awarded for studies that will increase understanding of specific countries and societies in the modern era; for problem-oriented and comparative studies within and between regions; and for studies in international relations and global affairs.
Projects in the natural sciences, the arts, medicine, and environmental studies will normally be considered only if they focus substantially on some aspects of human and/or institutional behavior or the humanities or social sciences.
Applicants will be notified by email by April 4, 2018.
General Principles Governing Awards
- Typically, awards can be up to $15,000 per project. An application may be submitted jointly by several members of the faculty who wish to collaborate on a larger project or research program.
- All applicants are urged to also try to obtain outside funding. The MacMillan Center faculty research grant applications/awards may be used to supplement such other grants. Total budgets must be shown.
- No awards will be made for equipment purchases, to subsidize publications, or to cover travel and expenses for attendance and participation at professional meetings, or for purposes of general study or course preparation.
- Funds cannot be used to raise the salaries of recipients of Senior Faculty Fellowships to their academic year levels, nor will funds be available for faculty summer stipends, or for leaves of absence without pay.
A completed application should include:
- the cover sheet (word doc; pdf)
- project description (2 pages)
- total budget break-down and a schedule of activities
- curriculum vitae: include ONLY those items relevant to the proposed study
Please note that you do not have to submit any letters of recommendation.
Complete applications (hard copy or electronically), are due Monday, March 12, 2018 to:
The MacMillan Center, Room 110, Luce Hall, 34 Hillhouse Avenue, P. O. Box 208206, New Haven, CT 06520-8206, attention Lourdes Haynes (email@example.com)